Friday 21 December 2012

Monopoly Hotels' 12 Days of Christmas: Day 9 update: New Christmas Carol and Deck the Halls stickers; new Mayan Calendar attraction

This evening, when I opened up the Monopoly Hotels game, here's the first thing I saw:



I guess EA finally noticed that half the posts on their FB page are asking "What's today's update? Where's my gift today?", etc.? :)

(We won't mention the other half that just goes: "I lost all my rooms, what do I do now?!?")

Anyway, back to business. 

Today we have 2 new stickers. A Christmas Carol and Deck the Halls.



   

    


I am not at ALL sure how this relates to Christmas or to a Christmas Carol ... I guess just from the shpiel? Whatever. 

If you build all these rooms, you earn M$56,000. 

And then we have the Deck the Halls sticker:


   


At least this one pays out gold. But it's still a negative return on your investment, even with the gold-paid decorations currently at half price: you pay 25 gold (that's 50% off the full price) for each of the decorations, making a total of 100 gold paid out to earn 60 gold.

Oh, and before I forget: you can't actually complete the Deck the Halls sticker yet: they haven't yet introduced the Holiday Stockings decoration to the game. Yes, I'm assuming it's a decoration - it could just as easily be a room or an attraction.

And there is one MORE update, one they didn't make quite so in your face ... we have a new attraction: the Mayan Calendar Room. 



The Mayan Calendar Room costs 1,100 gold at half off - I'm assuming that full price will be 2,200 gold. It pays out  M$791,666,667 and 150,000XP every 38 hours. It occupies 4 squares in any regular hotel, so the rental income on this room averages out to ... M$5,208,333.33 and 986.84XP per square, per hour.

That's a pretty good room to purchase, especially at half price! It's actually probably the best room currently available in the Monopoly Hotels in terms of M$ earned, but not that great for XP.

Will you buy this room? I'm actually saving up for another Golden Cauldron, but this attraction is definitely tempting - it's more than double the return of a Winter Scarf room, for just about 33% more investment!

Of course, there's a teeny, tiny chance that someone screwed up: if you look at Big Ben, just below the Mayan Calendar in the list, you'll notice that Big Ben pays out exactly one tenth of what the Mayan Calendar pays out, and at exactly the same interval. Maybe we'll see some more price juggling as EA figures out what this room should really cost ...
right now, the price difference between these two attractions is pretty much minimal!

Enjoy the update - I am not going to bother with the stickers, but I likely will pick up the Mayan Calendar, just because it pays out so nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.