Thursday 6 December 2012

Waiting for an update ... what will today bring?

Okay, I've spent most of the last week miffed because EA had doubled the prices on the gold-producing rooms. 

Seriously, as you probably all guessed, I was more than unhappy simply because EA has not fixed the bug that makes your hotel rooms all disappear and is unbelievably slow about even acknowledging users' messages to them via their FB page. I am still waiting to even be acknowledged for the report about the loss of my rooms.

I've noticed that some people are finally saying they have heard from EA and received some sort of compensation, however, those reports are far outnumbered by the number of people complaining on EA's own FB page that they have lost their rooms not once, but multiple times now. 

Last week's update did include one gem: the property sale where all properties were (still are as of this writing) 30% off. I picked up Park Place, the only hotel I still had to purchase of the available hotels.

I have been slowly building rooms (mostly Harvest Pumpkins ... I am now the proud owner of 7 of those, plus one Tiny Pilgrim Hat), and my daily rental income is back in the M$100,000,000 range. My XP isn't anywhere near back to the old number, though, because I only have 2 Volcanoes and 5 Neanderthals. I haven't built any Microphones, preferring to  build the Tiny Pilgrim Hat instead because of the better average returns (and the almost identical total outlay because of the cheaper build-and-paint costs of the Tiny Pilgrim Hat).

So what will today bring?

I'm pretty sure there will be either new rooms or a sale on some specialty rooms. Standard EA fare.

Users would like to see bug fixes - I'm not sure we are going to see that.

Best of all would be to see improved customer support - I don't think any of us should hold our breath waiting for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.