Thursday 13 December 2012

What's your strategy for the 12 days of MH Christmas?

As I have said before, EA has a fabulous marketing team. Now they've got me all excited about the 12 days of Christmas - and I don't even do Christmas in real life! :)


But the hype and excitement also has me wondering: what sorts of goodies are going to appear each day? What's going to be the "NEW HOLIDAY SURPRISE" every day?

I'm thinking it's going to be deep discounts on rooms or hotels, or maybe "zero build times" or whatever.

All of which is going to be extremely tempting and compelling and will make me want to splurge every single day.

I am known for being impulsive and impetuous, for jumping in with both feet when I like something.

Which, of course, is a little worrisome - what if the very best deals are only on Christmas Eve? Or, even worse, on Christmas Day? What if I've already spent everything I've saved before the really good deals show up?

I mean, seriously, if that bloody SnowFlake room goes back to M$19,000,000, wouldn't you scarf up a few of those? Maybe even enough to wipe out your bank account and then make you wait a whole 5 days or whatever before they start paying out?

Or what if the Golden Cauldrons go down to an affordable price? I would be oh-so-tempted to buy as many of those as I could ... and then presumably it could happen that the very next day is when those SnowFlakes and Flutes and Scarves and Harvest Pumpkins and Pilgrim Hats all go on sale!

Oh me, oh my!

What to do?

I think I need to set myself a daily budget: no spending more than M$100,000,000 on any given day. Not more than 300 gold either ... and even with that, my savings will barely last me ten days ... and there are TWELVE days of Christmas.

Nasty, smart marketers!

They just know that some of us (yes, me!) have been saving up, expecting a big sale around Christmas.

And so they've come up with a sneaky way to tempt us all to loosen the purse strings well before the 25th of December.

Will you be able to wait? Will I? 

And, scarier still, will it be worth waiting for the 24th or the 25th? I mean, what if it's all a big lead-up and there's no big pot of gold at the end?

Aaaaaargh.

I have to stop speculating.

I think I will simply have to relax (HAH!) and not blow my savings on the very first deal, whatever it is, that is going to be offered today!

Enjoy the 12 days ... I am crazy busy with work these days, so I cannot promise to update every day's deal as it happens, but I will try to post at least once a day to let you all know what I think about the deal-du-jour!

Happy countdown!

1 comment:

  1. Love your speculations! Too bad today was such a let down, I mean seriously, decorations for 50 gold apiece with only 100 xp? Maybe they are purposely lowering our expectations...

    ReplyDelete

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.