Monday 24 December 2012

Monopoly Hotels' 12 Days of Christmas: Day 12 update: Holiday Gift #3 sticker, Boardwalk is released

There it is, folks: the final update for the Monopoly Hotels' 12 Days of Christmas promotion.

Today, we have a new hotel: Boardwalk. And, amazingly, it only costs M$5,000,000!



I forgot to take a picture of this hotel before I purchased it, but I am pretty sure I saw M$5,000,000 as the price, and my savings also only went down by that amount.

Given that Park Place debuted at M$99,000,000, it's entirely likely that this price is some sort of introductory special and will change before too long.



As I said, I've purchased the hotel, now I have to wait 3 days for it to open. Well, okay, not quite 3 days. 282 gold works out to ... 71 hours? Okay, that actually is just about 3 days. :) I guess it's been at least an hour since I bought it.

Here's the new and improved skyline: Boardwalk is on the far left, of course:



And the other goodie in today's update: yet another Holiday Gift sticker. This one is Holiday Gift#3, and pays out 100 gold! Nice!


     

     

     

That's it.

The 12 Days of Christmas goodies have now all been delivered. Enjoy the windfalls of free gold, and stock up on those "rooms you buy with gold" while the half-price sale lasts.

Given that the new sticker wishes us a Happy New Year, I'm hoping the 50% off sale will last until January 1st, but I am not actually counting on it. So I am going to stock up on the best gold rooms I can afford by mid-morning tomorrow - after that, who knows whether the sale will still be on ...

Enjoy your holiday!

3 comments:

  1. My Day 12 update was only the Holiday Gift #3 sticker and there's still a construction sign over Boardwalk's lot. Maybe BW was accidentally released early (wouldn't be surprised) and you were one of the lucky ones who got it before they took it back off? On a side note, I've seen a figure skater trotting along in front of my hotels, so my guess is that the next room is probably an Ice Rink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read elsewhere that some people were able to get Boardwalk to appear by deleting and reinstalling the MH application. I'm leery to advise doing that, though, just because EA still hasn't fixed the bug where rooms disappear ... if you do try that technique, keep your fingers crossed that everything will continue to work well after reinstall.

      Alternatively, just wait for the next update, whatever it is ... I'm suspecting that Boardwalk not appearing is purely an issue with EA's content delivery network, in which case, the next update should fix the issue.

      Delete
  2. It was 5 Million for the Hotel, i have bought this for 5 Million, i remember cause i was so confused cause it was so cheap.

    ReplyDelete

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.