Friday 9 November 2012

FaceBook is down? OMG!

That was a shocker! 

Just a few minutes ago (about 7:45 a.m., EST), I tried to check out EA's Monopoly Hotels page - and discovered that Facebook was down, unable to accept requests!

I guess the Hacktivists managed to do what they said they would!

Yesterday's FB outage was short, but this one seems to be lasting longer - orders of magnitude longer.

I wish FB luck - I know their engineers will sort it out soon.

However, the worse effects are going to be felt by all the applications that have connected to FaceBook. I suspect users of various apps are going to be flooding the internet-waves with complaints about how nothing works properly!

Good luck, EA - I hope your engineers have the RailRoad issues all solved before the FB outage makes things even worse!

Update: by 7:55 a.m. EST, the outage seems to have been resolved, for sure EA's FB page is back to life. It will be interesting to keep tabs on FB today, just to watch the battle of the Hacktivists versus FaceBook's engineers!

2 comments:

  1. I've tried to login in the last 30 minutes, fb still down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I originally published this post, FB has been unavailable for a few minutes at a time at odd times. I am not sure if the Hacktivists' attempst are still ongoing or if FB itself was undergoing routine maintenance at those times.

      Suffice it to say, I don't think anyone's going to be bringing down FB for any lengthy periods of time at all! They seem to have an excellent team of engineers on the lookout for any attempts at intrusion or denial of service or whatever.

      Delete

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.