Friday 16 November 2012

Monopoly Hotels' GO WILD SALE!


My apologies. It appears I was completely wrong about it being a bug that several of the rooms that normally appear in the Vermont Aquarium, the Tennessee Zoo and the Ventnor Museum are currently available in regular hotels - and ONLY in regular hotels.

This means that, for a limited time, you can actually put a lion or a tiger or even an octopus in a regular hotel, right beside your My Little Pony rooms that you bought last week, or even beside those silly little Potato Head rooms that you picked up for a single gold bar each last month.

Until I saw confirmation from EA on their Monopoly Hotels FaceBook page, I was leery of this update, thinking it was yet another buggy release. But no - EA is officially stating that this is one of the specials for this week: hence all the wild animals and fish and Egyptians roaming the streets this week!



So there you go. 

Enjoy putting in some really weird rooms beside your regular weird rooms in your hotel. I'm stocking up right now on Volcanoes rooms in regular hotels because, seriously, there is no room that can beat it for XP! You get some 300,000+ XP every 3 hours (and, of course, the M$1,250,000 cash payout as well!). AND, this room is on sale. At half price. In ALL your regular hotels - which means you can build way more of these rooms than you could when you were limited to having them in your Museum alone!

The one downside to this sale/move?

You won't be able to pick up a Huge Pearl room in the Aquarium beside your Tiki Head room: the Huge Pearl, this week, is only available in the regular hotels, so, even though it's on sale, you won't be able to complete your Two of a Kind sticker ...



Other than that, though, this is what I'd call a golden opportunity ... when combined with the relative ease of collecting gold these days, this is one of those sales that you should totally take advantage of ... stock up on some rooms you've been eyeing!

I will admit, I've gone a little hog-wild: I'd been saving up cash and gold for this Thursday's update, hoping for a sale on gold rooms and/or million-producing rooms and/or gold-producing rooms. And I just blew ALL those savings on this sale ...


Plus I have some Volcanoes brewing in my regular hotels, and have picked up some of the other Aquarium and Zoo and Museum rooms as well ... yes, I went a little nuts.

Oh, one word of advice, though: don't go toooo crazy. 

Remember that next week is Thanksgiving. Which means Black Friday is right after that. Which, to me, implies HUGE SALE COMING UP!

So you may also want to try a two-pronged strategy and save up some of your cash and gold for next week! In hindsight, I am wishing I hadn't gone quite so hog-wild on this sale ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.