Friday 8 February 2013

Happy Lunar New Year! A host of new rooms!

This morning, when I opened up the Monopoly Hotels game to see if any trains had come in overnight (I am not rebuilding as yet!), I saw this:



Assuming that this meant at least two new rooms, I went to check it out. And yes, there are new rooms:


I suspect there is some kind of error there, because, as you can see, there are two rooms both with the exact same name ... I suspect one of the "Lion's Lantern" rooms will disappear. And I presume the Giant Matchstick is the Firecracker room.

Limited time, I presume.

Also, as you can see, some of the rooms from the Ventnor Museum, the Vermont Aquarium and the Tennessee Zoo seem to have migrated to the regular hotels.

    

    

These rooms are also still available in their original locations as well, and are marked 50% off. It looks like only the higher-value gold rooms in those properties are on sale, not all gold rooms.

I don't know if this is a planned migration, like last fall's Go Wild! sale, but I'd suggest holding off on buying those until EA confirms or denies that it's an intended availability.

In addition, there are two more new rooms (Black Pearl and Murky Depths) in the Aquarium, and again, these are high value rooms, with excellent XP earnings:




I would expect the Lunar New Year rooms to be limited time because they are seasonal, but I could be wrong.

Enjoy the update!

3 comments:

  1. First, I just wanted to say I feel for your loss (again!) of all your rooms. That truly does suck.

    My current beef with EA is with their current gold-priced-rooms-only release schedule. I mean, I just don't get why they're touting all these new rooms with their ginormous M$ payouts when there's nothing - at least for longer-term players - to actually spend those payouts on (exception being the two recent Aquarium rooms, which of course are only available in one hotel). Why would I shell out tons of gold so I can buy a room that's just going to give me even more cash to sit on? Sigh...anyway.

    As for the new rooms, I don't think the 2 Lantern rooms are an error, since the more expensive one has a "+" after it. Although I admit it does seem odd, it does kinda fall in line with EA's cutting-corners approach - y'know, the whole "let's just duplicate an existing room and guest and tweak the payout rather than design and create something completely new" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good catch! I totally didn't notice the "+" after the name on the more expensive room!

      I agree that it's getting boring seeing only rooms that produce more and more M$ - the Magic Cauldron isn't all that exciting. Oh, well ... we'll have to wait and see what EA comes up with as time goes by, but I do see less and less opportunities to really get ahead in the game if you're starting out fresh right now ... no new player is likely to be able to buy these ultra-pricey new rooms.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the info! I read other people having the same issue on www.monopolyhotelstips.com

    ReplyDelete

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.