Sunday 3 February 2013

Gung Hai Fat Choy: Lost All My Rooms - AGAIN!

Well, I never did hear from EA after I lost my rooms the day after American Thanksgiving, last November.

Slowly rebuilt, and had worked up a really nice set of replacement rooms, collecting close to a billion M$ and 300 gold per day.


I had the feeling it was too good to last. And I was right.


This morning, I collected from all my rooms. Gung Hai Fat Choy! It's Chinese New Year.




Later, though, I got an error 900 when I tried to go back in.


When I did get back into the game, I realised that all my hotels were empty - AGAIN!


Now that there are no more good gold-producing rooms, this really makes it unappealing to try to continue playing, other than maybe a couple of times a week.


Oh, well.


Here's what I had built up to until last night: note that I'd even started building the new Pirate's Treasure room ...






















    


    


    


    


    


   
    


    


    


    



    






    


    


   
    


    


    


That was it until last night. When I got all excited about the new Aquarium rooms and decided to build a Pirate's Treasure, even though I knew it would cost over a billion M$...

This is what it looked like as I was about to purchase it ...


I did purchase it, and had started building it ...



I was just waiting to finish building it ... 







But now, all my rooms are gone ...









... and so on ...

I still have several billion M$ and a fair amount of gold, but it's really not feeling like this game is interesting anymore ... who's got the time to waste??


EA had a great idea for a game, but their execution certainly leaves a lot to be desired. This bug has been around at least since October, and rather than fixing it, it seems to me that it's actually got progressively worse. Especially as players hit the higher levels of the game, the chances of losing all the rooms seem to increase.


I will continue playing, I suspect, but far less than I used to even recently!


I hope none of you lose your game ... it can be rather frustrating!

8 comments:

  1. When you started over, how did you manage to get so much gold without having to pay for any? I see that you've built a lot of Pumpkin, Cauldron and Golden Touch rooms which takes a lot of gold to buy in the first place.
    Appreciate greatly if you can share your strategy. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheer luck, actually. When I first lost my rooms, it was back when EA had just introduced the Railroad, and they had a bug (I think), so every train was giving me lots of gold! Today that doesn't happen any more, I'm lucky to get even 3 gold from an incoming train.

      That, plus the fact that it happened the week that they had gold producing rooms on 50% off, so I bought a few Golden Cauldrons and Harvest Pumpkins (I was afraid the Pumpkin rooms would disappear when the sale ended) at the then half-price of 700 gold and 225 gold.

      Then EA fixed the bug, but I still had gold coming in from the GC rooms, plus, during the 12-days-of-Christmas sale, they had another 2-week long sale on the gold rooms, so I picked up a few more Golden Cauldrons at that point. Each GC I bought made it easier to save up for the next one, and my FB friends still do send me a fair amount of trains ...

      I also picked up 2 Mayan Calendar rooms, so that gave me plenty of M$, which I used to purchase all the Golden Touch rooms.

      Simple, but time-consuming. Sadly, there are no more good gold-producing rooms to buy ...

      Delete
  2. Just saw your entry. That really sucks, I can't believe you have been hit twice. I haven't been following the bug that closely - do they have any idea what the cause is? I can see why you have no desire to get back into it. You had a lot of amazing rooms, which are no longer offered. Come back and let us know if you find another captivating game, esp if you start to blog about it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time, I actually got a response from EA, apologizing for their earlier lack of attention, and a promise that they are working on the issue.

      I am keeping my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. You must be so fed up! I'm impressed you carried on playing the first time you lost your rooms.

    Thanks for keeping the blog going despite everything. I really enjoy it and find it very useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to blog. :) Thanks for the kind comments and best wishes ... and I hope your rooms stay untouched!

      Delete
  4. I have also lost all my rooms twice. I am not happy with EA's response so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain!

      Yes, EA's support used to be completely non-existent. But I have to say, the current support team seems to be making a real effort to communicate. I've sent messages and got responses within hours this time. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt ... for now.

      Hope you do get back your rooms, or at least get adequate compensation so you can rebuild!

      Delete

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.