Monday 3 September 2012

Catch the burglar!

So I've been playing Monopoly Hotels for ... oh, over a month now. I play it a few times a day, when I take breaks at work, and before bed.

I'm slow at racking up the points, and though I try to fill my hotels with the best-payout rooms that I can afford, occasionally I realise I could have done better. :)

One of my favourite cash boosts is to find the burglar. You, know, when that little burglar face appears in the top right corner of the screen:


In this particular case, I lucked out: he's on the very page I happened to be on.

Usually, I have to go through all the hotels I own, trying to find him. And he's got at least two avatars that I've seen. The one above, where he does look like a jailbird, and this one below:

This one, I have to say, does not look like a jail bird or a burglar to me ... he looks more like someone out to have fun with a multi-coloured beach ball.

But what do I know?

EA apparently thinks this is one view of what a jailbird should look like. Oh, well.

The interesting thing is this: I've recently noticed (when I leave the game active for a while as I'm doing other things) that the burglar MOVES!

I'll see him in one room and then, just as I go to click, he disappears!

Then I have to hunt him down again ... sometimes he's just moved to another room in the same hotel, but occasionally he's taken off for a different building altogether!

So, if you feel absolutely, positively sure that you already went through every hotel you own and he's not in there anywhere, go back to the beginning and look through every hotel again.

Chances are, it is not that you weren't paying attention, it's just that he's a pretty slick burglar and moved over to where you'd already checked!

2 comments:

  1. He's dressed like Santa on my game at the moment.
    Must be a holiday thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they've given him a few different outfits ... he was a Pilgrim over Thanksgiving earlier, too.

      Delete

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.