Friday 28 September 2012

Mr. Potato Head and family are on sale!

EA has been busy this week!


 

In addition to taking away the Golden Goose room, they've put up their weekly sale - this time, it's a sale on the Mr. Potato Head family of rooms. 

The original prices? 


Let's see: 



Mr. Potato Head normally costs only 10 gold bars. That was the cheapest. 

Mrs. Potato Head is usually 27 gold bars.

The Tiki Room usually costs 60 gold bars.








 The Cruise Room is usually 98 gold bars!

The Skyline Room normally would set me back a frightening 110 gold bars!



Lest we forget: The Pyramid room? It's usually a whopping 350 gold bars to purchase this room!


This would explain why I normally don't even consider buying any of these rooms, although I'd love to have them show up in my Guest Book.







But at this weekend's sale price, I can grab all 6 of them for just 6 gold bars - and 2 of them (the Skyline room and the Cruise room) even help you towards completing stickers!




Right now, of course, each of these rooms costs a paltry 1 gold bar. Just ONE gold bar.

Even the very expensive Pyramid room now costs just a single gold bar.

This kind of sale doesn't come along every day, or even every month. And EA has been notoriously stringent in keeping the sales to just one weekend or at most a whole week.


Knowing that the sale won't last until I have enough of all the other rooms required to collect various stickers, I believe I can afford to spend 6 gold bars on these usually pricey rooms.




The funniest bit? I just rolled double 5s on the Community Chest card ... I guess that mostly pays for my Mr. Potato Head rooms!


I am off to build my new Potato Head rooms now... I suspect that the more expensive ones will take several hours to build, so the sooner I start, the sooner I'll have those new entries in my Guest Book!!

Update: 24 hours later (or is it more than that?):

Here is my Guest Book, now that I've built and painted all the Mr. Potato Head rooms in Monopoly Hotels:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.