Friday 21 September 2012

On Sale: Midas Room and Golden Goose Room


Note: The Golden Goose / Golden Egg Room has been retired as of September 28th, 2012- you can no longer purchase this room in the Monopoly Hotels game.

This week's special is a 30% discount on "gold-producing" rooms. There are, of course, only 2 of those, the Midas room (aka Golden Touch room) and the Golden Goose room (aka the Golden Egg room), both introduced last week amidst much fanfare.



My earlier blog analyzes the value of these two rooms, and I have to say, the Midas room is still not really good value at M$175,000,000 because it pays out only one gold bar and 391,667 experience points every 23 hours (let's just call it every day).

I have to admit, after my analysis a few days ago, I did use up my first saved 450 gold bars to buy a Golden Goose room.


And I've been playing the game for a couple of hours a day (okay, maybe it's more like 3 or 4 hours each day) and find that my average total gold collected from the Community Chest cards seems to be 6 or more.


In fact, last weekend, over the weekend, I actually collected over a hundred gold bars just from the Community Chest!


So I'm inclined to shrug at the Golden Goose room now. If you really only have time to just click on the game a very few number of times each day, then the 3 or 4 gold per day may be worth your while to invest either the current discounted price of 315 gold or even the 450 gold full price.

But for me? Nope. Not buying any more of those. I'd still much rather save up gold for a Flute room instead of the Golden Goose room, and save my cash for a Microphone room instead of the Midas room.

Your mileage, as usual, may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.