Friday 7 September 2012

Sneaky strategies to earn more gold in Monopoly Hotels

Gold!


So far, the most reliable (HAH!) way to earn gold in Monopoly Hotels has been to simply click the Community Chest every time it floats past, and keep my fingers crossed that I'll roll double 1 and earn 3 gold bars.

This week, though, I think I have a sneaky new strategy.

Well, not really sneaky.

Sneaky would be to go jailbreak your iOS device and then have the ability to give yourself as much gold as possible. That tends to go against my gut instincts, so I don't do it.

But here's what's *very* doable.

Last week, the decorations were all 70% off. So I looked through the stickers and picked up the decorations that needed gold (at least the ones I could afford).

That meant I stocked up on things like the American Flag, Spanish Flag, and a couple of those Oriental lanterns.

This week, Electronic Arts decided to give us a new goodies: 50% off all rooms you buy with gold. (Of course, decorations are now back to regular price).

So, right now, I am building a few of the rooms that lead to stickers, on the assumption that each sticker gives you at least one gold bar.

Then I read that completing the Yee-Haw sticker gives you 20 gold bars. Okay, then, I think: it's definitely a no-brainer to spend 10 gold (half price this week, remember?) to buy a Cowboy Hat room, because I picked up the flags at 1 gold bar each last week! 

As long as you remember to put the Cowboy Hat Room in the same hotel as the American flag and the Spanish flag, I stand to earn 20 gold bars for a total outlay of 12 gold bars. Nice little gold profit there.

I hear some of the other stickers on pages 7 and 8 have much larger gold payouts (200?), but I am still in the baby stages when it comes to earning gold, so I will have to wait for those and look for similar half-price-or-better strategies. 

Another attraction I'm going to pick up as soon as I have enough gold is the Fancy Restaurant, currently at 28 gold rather than the regular 55 gold ...

Ooooh.

Just completed the Cowboy Hat Room, and here's what I get:



Sandy, of course, had to introduce herself:



And then, finally, I saw this:



YESSSSSSsssss!

The Yeehaw sticker is definitely worth 20 gold bars! Now that's a tidy little profit!

Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.