Sunday 9 September 2012

GOLD for stickers


That's what most of us do when we start playing EA's Monopoly Hotels game: focus on adding rooms, attractions and/or decorations in order to earn stickers.

Then, we get wiser. We realise that the cash/gold and experience points earned by collecting all the rooms for a sticker are just a one-time bonus, and the sticker rooms actually don't do very much for you.

So we stop collecting stickers.

Or, at least, we collect them only when we really want to.

Like me with the Yeehaw sticker (the branding iron thing on page 8) a couple of days ago, when I realised that I would be able to earn 20 gold (yes, really, that one pays out 20 gold bars) for a total cost of just 12 gold bars (only because gold rooms are on sale right now).



So then I got all excited. Decided to find out what other stickers have a good return on investment.

I had heard that some of the stickers on pages 7 and 8 gave as much as 200+ gold bars if you completed them, so of course, those were the stickers I investigated.

And, much to my disgust, discovered that I'd have to pay WAY more than 200 gold in each case to earn those 200 gold for completing the sticker.

I found only 2 stickers that pay out high value in terms of gold:

"And the Winner is ..." (the statue thing on page 6): it pays out 250 gold bars. However, it costs 1500 gold bars to buy a Film Room, and 290 gold bars to buy a Salon. Completely not worth the price for the reward.

If ever both these rooms go to 90% off, you'd still pay 150+29 gold bars, a total of 179 gold bars. At that time, and probably ONLY at that time, it may be worth buying these two rooms to collect the sticker.

The other high-gold-payout sticker is "Happy Birthday" on page 8: it pays out 225 gold bars. Again, you have to purchase a Film Reel Room (1500 gold bars) and a Pink Balloons decoration (50 gold) bars, plus a Floral Shop attraction (M$5,000) to earn this sticker.

So, again, not worth it until the Film Reel room (at the very least) goes to 90% off - if ever that happens.

I believe I will just save up my gold bars for more Neanderthal rooms in the Ventnor Museum instead of chasing after the stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.