Saturday 15 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas: Day 3 update: Broken Glass and World's Largest Pie! Stickers


Today's update is the addition of two new stickers, Broken Glass for M$36,000,00 and 16 gold upon completion, and World's Largest Pie! for M$15,000,000 upon completion.

     

Broken Glass requires you to build a Microphone and a Violin in the same hotel as you have your Fancy Restaurant attraction - easy enough to do, especially that the Day 2 goodie of 30% off million-producing rooms is still on. (Note: the sale is ONLY on the actual cost to purchase - build and paint costs are NOT discounted!)

Is it worth doing that? I don't believe so, not if you're wanting a decent return on your investment: at least not while the Fancy Restaurant still costs 55 gold - waaaay more than the 16 gold you'll earn by completing the sticker. Of course, building the Microphone and Violin rooms will certainly improve your average daily rent by a nice amount. And that sticker will look grand when it's completed ... :) 

Yeah, I'm wishy-washy about stickers. I like how they look, but can't usually justify the expense compared to the return!


     

     

And here we have the World's Largest Pie! sticker. Build a Pie, Wheelbarrow and a Magic Beans room, all in the same hotel, to earn your M$15,000,000 reward. And your ongoing income from the Pie and Magic Beans rooms.

Does anyone still have a Wheelbarrow in any of their hotels? 

I deleted mine ages ago and replaced it with those Top Hats that are still prancing around most of my hotels!

Oh, and I pretty much burst out laughing when I saw what those World's Largest Pie characters are supposed to be saying. 

No joke! That wasn't me playing Photoshop goddess!

Someone screwed up and the characters, instead of being witty, are just plain obscure, spouting what ought to be the contents of those String variables rather than the names. Come ON, EA, you can do better than this!

Oh, well.

It's another day, another update. My savings are busy increasing, my hotels are generating a decent rent now, even though most of my rooms are Top Hats. 

I haven't heard ONE WORD from EA other than the original "have you tried signing out of Origin and back in? Or deleting the app and reinstalling it from the appstore?" email I got from their support guy - I have still not got back the rooms I lost, nor any form of compensation or even any apology for having lost those rooms. I am sorely missing my Golden Cauldrons, I can tell you!

Enjoy Day 3 of the 12-days-of-Christmas updates from EA! Maybe tomorrow will be more decorations ... with an actual Christmas theme, maybe?

1 comment:

  1. Lost all my rooms too, contacted EA both over the phone and thru email, same tech suggestion, no results. Sigh! Kind of legal theft, considering some spend actual money.

    ReplyDelete

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.