Friday 25 January 2013

Totally bizarre "new" rooms! Golden Cauldron and Golden Goose now pay less!

I really hadn't thought that EA could sink much lower in their manipulation of the Monopoly Hotels game.

But, once again, I'm proven wrong.

Here we have another update. A Friday update instead of a Thursday update.

And the first two rooms I see in the Guest Rooms list?

Our old friends, the Golden Goose and the Golden Cauldron.

But what's this? 

Are these really the same rooms?

They both say "New Item". (HAH!)

And BOTH pay out less than half of what they used to.

Here's what the Golden Goose looked like when it originally debuted:



And here's what the Golden Cauldron originally looked like:



Here, just for comparison, are today's "NEW ITEM" gold-producing rooms:



Yes, we've had these rooms change their price before.

But for EA to "introduce" the exact same rooms with new, MUCH lower payouts? That's a really low blow.

I already had 7 of the Golden Cauldron, as you can see below.

5 Golden Cauldrons in Pennsylvania: 


   

And two more in Mediterranean:



All seven have been paying out 10 gold each at 7-hour intervals, making me relatively pleased.

So I was silly and jumped the gun, buying an eighth Golden Cauldron at the new price just now:


     

I don't have a good feeling about this, I can tell you.

Right now, as you can see, my existing Golden Cauldron is still on the old schedule.

I want to see what happens when the new one starts producing. 

I've got my fingers crossed. The time-to-build is now MUCH longer than it used to be, as well, so I suspect it will be *next* weekend before I get my first payout on the new room. 

At that point, it's anyone's guess as to whether my old Golden Cauldrons will pay the old amount at the old frequency or will all magically update to the new ...

Of course, my gut instinct says to just swallow the loss of 1,500 gold and delete the new room before it can have an impact ...

I'm going to wait. 

Will YOU wait? Will you buy these "new" gold producing rooms if you already have them in their old incarnations?

Update (an hour later ...)

Okay, I wimped out.

Knowing how ruthless EA has been recently, I decided to cut my losses and discard that brand new Golden Cauldron. In its place, I now have a Piano and another Chef's Hat being built in Pennsylvania ... at least I will have some good XP being collected even if I just wasted my gold.


Let's hope I continue to collect the old payouts from my existing Golden Cauldrons. I'd rather wait and see whether someone else is able to make the two types of Golden Cauldrons co-exist peacefully side by side!

5 comments:

  1. If you build the new Golden Rooms you will see that they look a little bit different.
    At the old once the door is on the left and at the new they are on the right.
    I hope too that we will get two amounts of gold for the Rooms. If not i will never buy again something from Ea ( inklusive fifa )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just updated the blog post above - bottom line, I wimped out. I'm too afraid of losing the decent payout on my current Golden Cauldrons, so I replaced the just-purchased new one with a Piano and a Chef's Hat instead, both at 30% discount this week.

      Here's hoping your new and old Golden Cauldrons pay out (and continue to pay out) different amounts at different intervals!

      Delete
  2. I will be very surprised if the existing GC will continue to pay out every 7 hours. Remember the Jack Frost room? We bought it expecting a certain payout but the room updated and we got the new payout (in our favour). Same With the 2 mega gold producing rooms last week. The same room cannot exist in MH with 2 different payout schedules. If they did not plan to change the existing GC payout then they would have created a whole new room. My thoughts anyway, and I hope I am wrong. We'll see soon enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can see in my update, I am strongly of the same opinion.

      It's possible that the programmers did give this "new" Golden Cauldron room a new identifier, and that both types of GCs will pay out at different intervals and yields. However, that's TOO big an "IF" for me to risk, given that I have so many GCs right now and don't want them all to go to the lower values!

      I may already have wrecked my chances by even buying one (even though I got rid of it well before it had a chance to finish building), but I'm holding on to my hope that it will not have affected those older rooms.

      If the new room does indeed pay out differently, great. But I can wait to see if anyone else can validate that. :)

      Delete
  3. Has anyone heard if one of the old Golden Cauldron rooms and one of the new Golden Cauldron rooms can co-exist with different payout schedules? I'm also not willing to risk losing the good payouts of the old GC rooms...

    ReplyDelete

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.