Thursday 20 December 2012

Monopoly Hotels' 12 Days of Christmas: Day 8 update: 50% off Rooms You Buy with Gold; Holiday Gift #2 sticker; Earn double on packs of 500+ gold!

Today was a superb day for anyone who'd been hoarding their gold: there are 3 fabulous new opportunities starting today.

The first showed up as soon as I logged in. Initially, I saw: 


And later, when I next opened up the game, I started seeing this: 



Okay, I wasn't 100% sure what exactly they mean by "Earn double on packs of 500+ gold", but I knew it had to be one of those pay-to-play options.


Is that more gold for the same price than you used to get? I have to admit I don't really know ... I haven't paid to play any part of this game as yet. The verb still confuses me, though: how are you "earning" anything? 

Whatever.

Next, there is the much-awaited (by me, at least!) "50% off rooms you buy with gold" sale.


Again, I am not sure how this qualifies as "BIGGEST SALE EVER", because we have certainly seen the same sale before. But okay, I haven't seen those rooms go cheaper than half-off. Maybe that's what they mean.

Anyway, this 50% off sale means that you can buy all those rooms you've been coveting and coveting and coveting ... I have already stocked up on several more Scarf rooms, and I even splurged on a single Giant Snowflake so that I can earn that Winter Wonderland sticker and get back most of my expenditure when the Giant Snowflake is completed.

In addition, I also picked up a Basket room on the same principle, planning to recoup most of my investment as soon as the Basket room is finished, because I have a Tiny Pilgrim Hat and a Rake in the same hotel, so I should earn my 200 gold for completing the Incognito Turkey sticker.

And, as if TWO fabulous goodies weren't enough for today, we have yet another bonus: the new Holiday Gift #2 sticker: this one is worth 75 gold for a few simple clicks, plus another gold for posting to FaceBook, for a total of 76 free gold. 


     



     

That should give you a little head-start towards some of those gold rooms if you'd already spent all your gold during the "30% off rooms that produce a million" sale.

Oh, in case you were wondering, that 30% off sale is now history, it's been replaced by the "50% off rooms you buy with gold" sale.

I don't know how long the 50% off gold sale will last, but I have used up most of my gold today, assuming that it won't last long! 

Of course, as soon as I came out of splurge mode, I wondered if I should have hedged my bets and saved half my gold just in case there is an even better sale coming up for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day or New Year's ...

Meh.

I am no crystal-ball reader. I guess if there is a deeper discount later, I'll be too broke to take full advantage of it, and that's just fine - I'm more than thrilled with all my discount purchases today.

 Enjoy super-Thursday! Today's update was definitely worth waiting for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.