Tuesday 21 August 2012

Don't play when you're half asleep!

Have you ever done that?

Found yourself so addicted to a game that when you blink awake halfway through the night, you reach for your iPhone to see if anything has changed in the game?

Well, it's ultra-dangerous to do that with Monopoly Hotels.

Especially if you've just bought a room and are waiting for it to finish building or painting.

See, if you're midway through the process, clicking on such a room will bring up a little dialog that tells you how many hours (or days, or miinutes) are left, and will allow you to complete the current step by paying gold.

Gold, as you well know by now, is HARD to come by in this game. Electronic Arts seems to prefer that you buy your gold bars ... not surprising, given that the game is free for now, so the gold bars are their only income from this game.

In the middle of the night, you're likely going to be tired.

I was SO tired the other night that I didn't even NOTICE I'd clicked on the "Complete Now" button ... not once, but TWICE, thus using up 12 of my hard-earned 29 gold bars to complet a couple of Top Hat rooms. I'd been saving up the gold to get to buy a Neanderthal room when it was half price.

Oh, well.

Back to the drawing board.

Now I'm slowly collecting gold again. Rooms are back to full price, and so, apparently, are the hotels.

And I have decided I am in no hurry to buy more hotels ... instead, I am trying to fill the hotels I already own with higher producing rooms.

It will take time, but I'm determined to get every hotel to produce at least M$100,000 every few hours ... that, to me, seems to be the best way to start earning the big bucks required for some of the more interesting rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.