Thursday 15 November 2012

A completely bizarre update today! Thanksgiving rooms added!

That's it in a nutshell: two new Thanksgiving-themed rooms have been added, and there is a total mish-mash of rooms available in the regular hotels.

If I thought last Thursday's update felt incomplete, it was at least something that was fairly easily resolved - once I deleted Monopoly Hotels from my iPhone and reinstalled it from the AppStore, I had the new Hair Brush room and the Prince's Crown room that had originally not appeared for me.

Today, though?

Totally bizarre.

The first clue I had was when I noticed that some of the zoo and Aquarium residents were busy strolling along the promenade (or "The Strip", if you're thinking Las Vegas).






So off I headed to the Aquarium - where I didn't notice anything unusual at first glance.

Then I went over to the Tennessee Zoo: WHAT? ONLY 4 rooms available? That was bizarre. Where was my panda, or the fabulous tiger???



Then I remembered rumours from a couple of weeks ago where people had said that the Golden Treasure room had temporarily disappeared from the Aquarium and appeared in teh regular hotels' Guest Rooms list for purchase, so I moved back to one of the regular hotels, and voila, there were the missing rooms.

Not just rooms from the Tennessee Zoo, but also some rooms from the Vermont Aquarium and several from the Ventnor Museum. 
   

     

     

     

How very strange.

And yes, Abigail of the Golden Egg / Golden Goose fame is back again ... and she's still "Limited Time", so you may want one of those rooms ...

I am reluctant to build any of the specialty property rooms in a regular hotel in case EA puts out a fix and I then lose those rooms.

But it definitely is tempting, given that some rooms I've been eyeing are now on sale at half price: specifically the Volcanoes room that usually lives in the Ventnor Museum.

There are also two new rooms: the Tiny Pilgrim Hat room (I'm sure there is a cultural reference that I am missing: what on earth would a turkey want with a tiny pilgrim hat???) and the Harvest Pumpkin Room, which, of course, reminds me of Linus' night-watches waiting for The Great Pumpkin to appear (Linus, from the Peanuts cartoons ...).



Oh, and there is a brand new sticker to go with the Thanksgiving rooms: it has a bizarre name: Incognito Turkey. It does pay 200 gold ... but you spend way more than that to attain the sticker - just the Basket room alone costs 575 gold at full price.











Is it worth grabbing the two new rooms? Well, certainly, to get them into your Guest Book, and presumably also because, given recent history, EA is likely to decide that these rooms were a limited time attraction and remove them once American Thanksgiving is past ... in just over a week from now.

I think I am just going to wait it out for now, until EA puts out a fix that returns the specialty rooms to where they belong ...

UPDATE (November 16, 2012): Apparently this is NOT a bug, but a special release from EA, just for this week - feel free to actually put these rooms in all your regular hotels, as they will not disappear when the sale ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.