Wednesday 21 November 2012

Unexpected update: Go Wild! Sale is over. Plus: All gold rooms are now half-price!

I just logged in to Monopoly Hotels to do my mid-day check for rent ... imagine my surprise when I noticed that instead of just signing in to the game, it actually did a download of several megabytes!

Expecting changes, I quickly checked:

The Golden Goose (Golden Egg) room is gone again.

The animals are no longer roaming the streets. I guess that means the Go Wild! sale is over. And yes, the specialty rooms have moved back to their normal locations in the Zoo, the Aquarium and the Museum.

BUT:




All the rooms you buy with gold are now half price. Yes, that includes the rooms that produce gold! (Yes, that includes the gold rooms in the Zoo, the Aquarium and the Museum - even the Golden Treasure room, which wasn't on sale during the Go Wild! event.)


And yes, the Attractions and Decorations you purchase with gold are also half price!

There is even a new Attraction: The Easter Island room. Or, as EA is advertising it: The Moai Room.



At 125 gold, it's not too pricey (I wonder if that is a 50% off price, though ...), but it takes up a LOT of room: 8 squares in your hotel. Smaller than the Arc de Triomphe room, though ... so I guess it's not that terrible. :)

Anyway, with the 50% off sale going on now, you can finally pick up some of those rooms/attractions/decorations you had your eye on ...

I think I'll be grabbing a couple of Golden Cauldron rooms and maybe another Harvest Pumpkin. Or maybe ... just maybe ...a Flute room. Maybe one or more additional Volcanoes, too ... I just love the predictability of picking up 200,000 XP every 3 hours!

Of course, this early update (normally, the game is only updated on Thursdays ...) makes me wonder ... is this an indication that this week we will indeed see an update on Friday - a Black Friday sale, to be precise? (Black Friday, for those not in the U.S., is possibly the biggest retail sale day in the USA ... almost every store offers steep discounts the day after American Thanksgiving, and some stores have already been blaring about their Black Friday sales - and starting the sales - a week in advance!)

So ... I am torn: do I splurge and spend all the gold I've painstakingly saved up to buy gold rooms at half off? Or should I save up a little longer, just wait until Friday to see if there will be another, deeper discount?

I have to remember, though, that Thursday and Friday are federal holidays in the U.S.: I doubt anyone is going to come in to work at EA on the Friday just because I'd like to see a sale! So ... won't be holding my breath - I guess today's update is the Black Friday sale. 

Or is it?

What a dilemma.

Of course, anyone who knows me knows that Patience is not my middle name.

I guess I'll be buying my Golden Cauldron and Harvest Pumpkin and keep my fingers crossed that I'll make up at least some of that expenditure by the time a Black Friday sale comes around. If a Black Friday sale comes around at all, of course!

Sad - I really, really wanted a Flute room at the next "All rooms you buy with gold" sale. Oh, well. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.