Monday 26 November 2012

Another unexpected update - Gold-producing rooms are no longer on sale

Sad but true.

While the "50% off rooms you buy with gold" promotion still seems to be active for the other rooms you buy with gold, the gold-producing rooms are now back to full price.

That means you will have to pay M$1,400 for a Golden Cauldron ... or wait until these rooms go on sale again at some point in the future. 

In my case, I guess this means I won't bother saving up for a new Golden Cauldron or a Golden Treasure. Instead, I'll use whatever gold I manage to collect between now and Wednesday to buy some of the other enticing gold rooms: Neanderthals or Volcanoes or Harvest Pumpkins are my current top priority.

Why Wednesday? Because the last major update (the beginning of this current half-price sale) started mid-day Wednesday, unlike the previous starts-on-Thursday updates. So there is a good chance that the next one will happen one week later, this coming Wednesday.

Sadly, given that I now only have two Golden Cauldrons, I guess I'm most likely to pick up either some Neanderthals or, at best, one more Harvest Pumpkin before the sale ends some time on Wednesday or Thursday. I really doubt I'll get to pick up even one of the Volcanoes this time around.

When will EA start the next sale on rooms you buy with gold?

Your guess is as good as mine. 

I am thinking it will likely be in the Christmas-to-New-Year time-frame, but I've been known to be wrong before.

I just hope I have a better stash of M$ and gold saved up by whenever that next big sale comes around! I really, really, REALLY want to get back to having 5 Volcanoes and 5 Golden Cauldrons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.