Saturday 6 October 2012

More Sports-Themed Rooms: the All-New Folding Chair Room and the Basketball Room


I am not quite sure how I managed to miss it, but in addition to the 30% off sale on rooms that produce M$1,000,000 or more, EA has also added two new rooms this week, both sports-themed: the Basketball Room and the Folding Chair Room.

I am not much of a sports fan, so I have to admit I have NO idea what sport the Folding Chair Room represents, although from the image above, it has something to do with wearing a mask and gloves and boots - and really tight tights. Really? There's a sport like that? I ought to look it up ...


There they are. Almost at the very top of the guest rooms, so I don't know how I missed seeing them, except that the rooms  are now all blurring into one big mess for me. 

The Basketball Room occupies 2 squares, costs M$49,000,000 on sale, which works out to M$70,000,000 at full price, which means that at full price it will cost a total of M$70,000,000 + M$35,000,000 (build cost) + M$14,000,000 (paint cost) to complete this room ... that's a whopping M$119,000,000 by the time you're done. Or, if you purchase it on sale (30% off right now, as the blurb says), you'd get it for a total of M$83,300,000 - quite a significant savings.

But what do you get for that? A room that pays out M$5,250,000 and 100,000 experience points every 36 hours. Which works out to ... M$72,916.67 per square per hour, and 1,388.89 experience points per square per hour. 

Not your finest choice in terms of return - if you are getting close to having that kind of money, you may want to save up just a little more and splurge on a Microphone room. Unless, of course, you want the sticker in your guest book - that would be a valid reason to pick up one of these.

And the who-knows-what-it-refers-to room, the Folding Chair room? Well, this one costs 840 gold bars on sale right now, meaning it would cost 1,200 gold bars at full price. Mmmm. Maybe. But it takes up 4 squares, and pays out M$1,625,000 and 20,000 experience points every 6 hours ... or an average of M$67,708.33 and 833.33 experience points per square per hour ... which is not even as good as the Basketball Room. 

Again, collect it for Guest Book if you like, or if you just like to see all the different rooms in your hotels, but this isn't one I'm going to be lusting after ...

I think I am just getting spoiled with all the really enticing rooms available now ... I remember just a few weeks ago thinking that Monopoly Hotels isn't adding much variety to the game, and now we're all spoiled for choice with all these new rooms!

I'm off to finish collecting the last few burglar rooms to reach 1,000 captures in my sticker book, so that I can then collect my 150 gold bars ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.