Thursday 4 October 2012

Oktoberfest SALE! 30% off Rooms that make a million $$ or more




Now that was a pleasant surprise. I had been expecting nothing major, maybe another sale on one of the themed rooms sets (like the one on the Mr. Potato Heads rooms last week).

This week, though, EA is being generous: the usually-priciest rooms, the ones that produce M$1,000,000 and more, are all on sale at a 30% discount.

Let me assure you that this is not just an empty gesture - there are a fair amount of rooms that actually qualify. Enough that I think a few pictures may help rather than me enumerating each one ...

 

When I first saw this floating ad on attempting to check out any discounts in the Aquarium, I was all excited, thinking that the hotels themselves were on sale. No such luck, sadly. But there definitely are plenty of rooms on sale. Without more ado ...

        
  
 

 


And that was just the guest rooms in the normal hotels. I'm pretty tempted by a few of those ... the Microphone room and the Flute room, of course - except I have nowhere near enough cash or gold to buy either of those.

The Piano room, paying out M$1,000,000 every 3 hours? That's tempting. Mmmm. Just 245 gold this week, rather than whatever higher price it was last week - about 350, I'm thinking? Yes, the math is right. I was tempted even at 350 gold, but at 245, it's sounding even better.

The Piano room is not that good a room in terms of value over time, especially that it takes up 4 squares in your hotel, but still ... a million M$ every 3 hours is exciting.

Moving on from the hotels, I decided to explore the special properties - the zoo, the aquarium and the museum.

The Tennessee Zoo has NO rooms that produce M$1,000,000, so there was nothing on sale in there.

At first glance, it looked like the Aquarium had nothing on sale, either, but then I scrolled down and noticed that the Mermaid room is on sale ...


This one pays M$1,000,000 and 80,000 experience points every 4 days ... again, not all that wonderful, but not bad for the Aquarium.

As I said, there was nothing of interest today in the Tennessee Zoo, so I then wandered over to the Ventnor Museum.





And discovered that the Museum has 3 rooms on sale: the Dinosaurs room, the Volcanoes room and the Ancient Egypt room. 

Of these, I find the Dinosaurs room and the Ancient Egypt room not very appealing, because they each take up 6 squares in the Museum and pay out fairly infrequently - every day and a half for the Ancient Egypt room, and every 2 days, 21 hours for the Dinosaurs room. 

So, although at first glance, I go "mmmm - millions", I quickly realised that neither of those two were really worth the investment, even at a 30% discount.

But then my eyes started to glint with the gold lust again - there was that lovely Volcanoes room. Takes up 4 squares, but it does pay out every 3 hours, and a NICE payout, at that: M$1,250,000 and 312,421 experience points every 3 hours!

Temptation definitely beckons.

Oh, and just for completeness, I decided to check out the Attractions and the Decorations, too: there are no decorations on sale, but there are a couple of Attractions you may find interesting:



Mount Fuji and  the Golf Course each take up 6 squares, and both cost the same: M$42,000,000. Mount Fuji pays out M$1,600,000 and 3,000 experience points every 12 hours, but the Golf course pays out M$1,000,000 and 50,000 experience points every 8 hours, so, of the two, I'd suggest the Golf Course.

But the Disco Bowl is WAY more appealing: it pays out M$10,312,500 and 200,000 experience points every 1 day and 21 hours while taking up 4 squares, which works out to ...  M$57,291.67 and 1,111.11 experience points per square per hour. Not shabby at all. But it costs 455 gold ...

I think I would prefer to pick up a Volcanoes room - that one works out to an average of M$104,166.67 and 26,035.08 experience points per hour. Yes, it's more expensive (525 gold compared to the 455 gold for the Disco Bowl), but the payout is about double in terms of M$, and WAY better in terms of experience points, about 25 times better!

So, I think I will be patient and hope to get my 525 gold saved up and then purchase the Volcanoes room. I'd have MUCH preferred a Flute room, but hey, I have almost enough for a Volcanoes, but the sale would be well over by the time I save up enough for the Flute room, even at a 30% discount!


1 comment:

  1. At what level is the attraction Mount Fuji available?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Note that, in order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated ... if you don't see your comment yet, please don't worry, it's simply that I have a day job and haven't yet processed comments since the last update.